heatherschrock

heatherschrock

The Conduit (Gryphon, #1)

The Conduit (Gryphon, #1) - Stacey Rourke This was a really fun read. A lion, an "angel", and dragon...Oh My! Rourke knows what makes a great story. A little action, a dash of romance, pepper with great twists and add lots of snark. Then BAM! Just like Emeril, a cuisine that will sate your YA hunger! I didn't want to put it down. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next with this rag tag team of "super heroes". The pace was just right. Everything moved along nicely. I loved both the main and secondary characters. And what an ending! I cannot wait to read Embrace, the second book in the Gryphon series!My favorite quotes from The Conduit:" I mean, you just made and angel cry. I can't say for sure that you'll go to hell for that kind of thing, but it doesn't look good.""Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure you'll find it very reassuring while you're burning in the eternal hell fires, right next to the puppy kickers.""Celeste is going to go get herself a boyfriend today.""Where?""The grocery store. They keep them in the meat department right next to the tenderloin."