heatherschrock

heatherschrock

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10)

Lover Reborn - J.R Ward This review has been a long time comin'. I pre-ordered this book, as I do with every BDB book, but am just now finishing it. Why? I had a lot of issues with this book. It started out slow for me. But I don't know if I can attribute that to the book or me. I was very nervous about this book. I was not ready for Tohr to release Wellsie and move on. Even though, I wanted Tohr to be happy. I didn't care for No'One as a character. She was just a background character for me. But I finally made myself push through it. And I am so glad I did.Tohr is still in a very bad place. Lassiter urges him to let go so Wellsie can go unto the Fade. Easier said than done. I cried a lot watching Tohr go through it all. He tries to let her go through finding another, but realizes that just bedding another female, won't work. Finally Tohr realizes what he must do to free Wellsie. And he reaches out to John Matthew for help. Which helped to strengthen their relationship. In the end, I found myself wanting Tohr to let go and embrace No'One. They make a good match and help each other heal in a way no other could. Lassiter really comes through for them both and solidifies his place in this series. Yay! I love Lassiter! The ending was fantastic! All the emotions you run through left me exhausted. I loved it! I can't wait to read the next book, which will be Qhuinn and Blay's. FINALLY!****************************SPOILER ALERT******************************We finally get confirmation of Qhuinn's vision of the baby with mismatched eyes he saw after his brother and the others beat the ever living crap out of him. Because Qhuinn services Layla through her needing. John and Xhex have finally found some way to be together without ripping each other apart. This books sets up the Layla/Xcor relationship. Assail is going to become a major player in my opinion. And it sets up Qhuinn becoming a Brother.