heatherschrock

heatherschrock

The Demoness of Waking Dreams

The Demoness of Waking Dreams - Stephanie Chong Good reviews are always hard to write. I want to just gush about the book, but I can't do that without giving away the plot. So, what I can tell you......I really loved the characters. The good, the bad and the ugly! They were all written very well. And as with any good book with a hunky character, I am smitten with Brandon. I even like Luciana who throughout the book does some seriously evil things! But, she's not as hard as she tries to act. The only one who can see this is Brandon. Brandon and Luciana were made for each other. They can look into each other and see the real person behind the facades. While I didn't find this book overly gory, it may not be for the faint of heart. If you don't like dark, gritty reads, then this may not be for you. And twists! Wow, I didn't see those coming. This book will keep you turning the pages to find out what will happen! Can't wait to see what is in store for Brandon and Luciana next!This is the second book of The Company of Angels series, but I didn't feel like I missed anything not having read the first book. The first book, Where Demons Fear to Tread, features Serena and Julian.****************SPOILER ALERT*******************I loved the fact that the ending wasn't all tied up and delivered in a nice package with a bow. When you're dealing with good and evil, not everything will end happily. I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley.