heatherschrock

heatherschrock

Origin

Origin - Jessica Khoury For me, this book wasn't just another light YA read. This book really made me think. Pia was born in raised in a lab in Little Cam. A secret hidden in the Amazon rain forest. She is smart, immortal, perfect. She has never seen or heard tell of the world beyond the fence of Little Cam. Sure, she has overheard a few snippets in conversations when no one knew she was listening. She has never felt the need to know anything more than her perfect little world. Until something changes. She begins to wonder what lies beyond the fence. After a tree falls and leaves a hole under the fence, Pia ventures into the rain forest where she meets Eio. A whole new world opens for her and she begins to question what she really wants. Freedom or her perfect race of immortals. She will have to choose. Will she make the right decision? Are things what they seem to be in her perfect Little Cam? Origin was an exciting read. There were some great twists that I couldn't have seen coming. People aren't always what they seem. I received this book from NetGalley for review.