heatherschrock

heatherschrock

Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning & The Realm #1)

Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning & The Realm #1) - Lisa  Morgan Ok, I picked this book up from the recommendations of some fellow bloggers and a few my fave authors. I have had it sitting on my kindle for a while now and with all the buzz going around about the second book, I figured it's time to dive in. And I'm glad I did! Although, I liked Maggie, it was the secondary characters that kept me reading on. Especially Luc! He's snarky, sexy and damaged...just what I look for in a book boyfriend. The book was well written and had a natural flow. I did find myself breaking down a time or two after some tragic events happened. I'm also very intrigued by Davis. He shows up late in the story, but I can't wait to see what Morgan has in store for him. If you like paranormal YA you'll like this book! It has a little for everybody....witches, vampires, fae and werewolves. The ending? Well, here I was reading along, enjoying the story and boom, it's over! What?!?!?!? What a cliff hanger. I can't wait to read the next book, Phoenix Burning!