heatherschrock

heatherschrock

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) - C.J. Roberts Just as dark, gritty and sexy as the first, but more emotional (if that's even possible). Of course, it could be that I was already emotionally invested in these damaged, f'd up characters.I am emotionally spent right now just having finished this book. I was so in touch with Livvie, I could feel her pain. This girl got under my skin and stayed there. My heart would ache for her one minute and soar with pride the next. She showed such strength through it all. It was the same roller coaster with Caleb but for different reasons. I loved it when he would show Livvie little pieces of himself and scream with frustration when he would push her away. My heart was shredded when we learned what happened to him, to find out how he had become the man he is. This book is written as Livvie telling her story to FBI agents. I wasn't sure about the format at first, but ended up loving it. Agent Reed, I don't know what it was about him, but I loved his character. I'm not really sure why we got bits and pieces of his and Agent Sloan's life, but I found myself wanting to know more about him. Agent Sloan? Not so much. I didn't really connect with her. Felipe and Celia, I came to like them quite a bit. *******SPOILERS BELOW***************I knew from the beginning, that Caleb wasn't dead. He couldn't be, I didn't feel it. So I wasn't surprised when he showed back up. I was surprised to find out what he had been doing. It went a long way toward redeeming himself. I was totally livid when he dropped her off after rescuing her. Just leaving her without any word for a year. WTF was that? The emotional torture was prolonged once again. However, my heart wanted to sing when he finally found her and had her meet him. I can't wait to read the next book. Told in his POV about that meeting and life after.