heatherschrock

heatherschrock

Perfection

Perfection - J.L. Spelbring It's been a while since I read a YA dystopian book, and I'm glad it was this one. J.L. Spelbring was able to create a magnificent world in this book. From the first page I was enamored with Ellysa. Created at The Center, she was the poster child for Hitler's vision. Blond hair, blue eyes with a little extra. Dr. Hirsch has managed to engineer children with superior characteristics. These children are to be models for future soldiers. Soldiers that were bred to eliminate anyone who isn't within the image the good doctor has envisioned. Each child created has at least one power to go along with their superior intelligence, speed, fighting skills and the ability to show no emotion. Self preservation and following orders are all that matters. Ellysa's power is mind reading. After a renegade is brought to The Center as a hostage, he reaches out to Ellysa to let her know things aren't what they seem. Ellysa does a little investigating, and finds horrors beyond her imagination. Armed with this new information, she decides to escape. Hardships follow and she is soon injured and lost. Renegades happen upon her sleeping and decide to take her in for medical attention. What she finds there is a shock to her entire belief system. Can she trust these renegades she has been taught to fear and eliminate? Lots of action and suspense. I can't wait to find out what happens next. The cliffhanger ending is fabulous!